(Serving 4-5)... takes 2 days!
-8 Chicken thighs, rinsed and dried
-1 Can coconut milk
-4 Oranges. Jucied and zest removed
-3 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
-1 cup All Purpose flour
-Jerk rub (4 TB black pepper, 4 TB allspice, 4 TB dried garlic, 4 TB dried onion, 4 TB dried thyme, 2 TB Cinnamon, 3 TB Cayenne pepper, 1 TB salt)
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for deep frying (I used Canola oil)
**This recipe takes patience. It is simple steps to prepare but a lot of marinating and resting time.**
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and add the jerk rub GENEROUSLY all around. Place in Refrigerator for about 30 mins.
- In the mean time zest and juice 4 oranges. Add the juice and the zest to the chicken thighs. Rub down the chicken with the love! Keep it in the refrigerator over night. (6-8 hours)
- Preheat the oven 350F. Remove the chicken thighs from the bowl and place on a oiled baking sheet. Bake in oven for 40-50 mins. You make take a fork and poke it to make sure no pink runs out.
- Let the chicken rest to room temperature.
- Three part assembly line... All purpose flour with 1/2 tea salt. Coconut milk. coconut flakes.
-Bring frying oil up to about 350 degrees.
-Toss the chicken piece in the flour mixture... transfer to the coconut milk and finish with coconut flakes. And into the deep frying oil bath for about 10-12 mins. Skin should be golden brown. Remove from oil. Let it sit for about 3-4 mins before eating.